Each month, throughout 2018, a new stitch guide and templates will be available for you to collect.
block is a different flower, using silk ribbon & embroidery stitching
plus a little fusible appliqué.
the Button above or link below for the
Any instructions with [brackets], refers you to the Technique Page in the Library of this site for the complete free how-tos.
You will need:
Background Fabric - Cut 9"
Cotton Batting -
Cut 9" x 12"
Plus These Tools & Notions:
Webbing - 12" section/page
1. Cut the fabrics, batting, fusible interfacing the size required [Rotary Cutting~ #F].
2. Trace the design/stitch guide onto the cream background fabric, with a mechanical pencil.
Tip: Holding it up to a window works well, using masking tape to secure.
3. Trace over the 'saying' with a black fabric pen.
Tip: Placing the fabric on a sheet of sandpaper taped to cardboard, will help hold it in place, for a neater finish.
4. Fuse the interfacing to the back of the thin batting.
5. Each block
will include the template to make the frame.
6. Apply [Fusible Appliqué] the frame & large letter onto the background fabric, that you've prepared with the design, where marked.
7. Layer the
backing, batting and block top by thread basting [The
Quilt Sandwich ~ #5 & #6].
8. Stitch the flowers in silk ribbon, using the guide (Diagram #2) and the instructions on the Silk Ribbon Embroidery (SRE) How-to's page.
9. Embroider the remaining design parts with green embroidery floss, using a Stem Stitch (included with design templates), as follows:
Frame - 3 strands of floss
10. Using pencil crayons, colour in the large "M" with a matching green, and the smaller Pansy letters with a matching purple. See the large block picture for example.
~Come Back in June for the Next Block~
The information you send is for our files only!
4mm Silk Ribbon Package
yards each in 16 different colours.
Content & Graphics © 2001~ Victoriana Quilt Designs
All rights reserved. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.