As a Thank You! for visiting you are welcome to print these instructions.
It is available free to non-members, this month only.
For a tip about printing this page, click here.
To see the Past Blocks of the Month Picture Gallery, click here.
Members have access to the whole String Calendar quilt instructions here.
All Past Block of the Month Instructions are available to members only!
Any instructions with [brackets], refers you to the Technique Page in the Library of this site for printable free how-tos.
WOF = Width of Fabric
Finished Size: 8" x 8"
1. Cut the fabrics A + B + C [Rotary Cutting~ #F].
2. Starting at one end of the foundation fabric square, sew the Fabric A strings of fabrics, one after the other, onto the the foundation fabric, until you have covered the square. You will not be removing this foundation fabric when you are finished.
3. Make the flower templates [Cardboard Template]. Trace the flower petals shape, with a chalk pencil, onto the fabric A string unit (Diagram #1). Trace the flower centre, with a chalk pencil, onto the fabric A yellow fabric square (Diagram #2). With pinking shears (or scissors and clip your curves) cut the flower shapes ¼" beyond the chalk line.
Turn the edges of the flower petals under and press.
Tip: Baste the seams [Stitches] down before you press and sew.
Centre the flower petals onto a background by folding in half, and finger pressing the center line. Do this in both directions on the background and flower petals unit. Pin or baste in place.
4. Top stitch [Machine Piecing] the flower petals to the background as close to the edge of the shape as possible. Use matching or contrasting thread.
Tip: Sew slowly and adjust seams with a pin, as you sew, if necessary.
5. Apply the flower centre [Applied Patch Appliqué] where illustrated.
6. Block [Blocking].
~Come Back in June for the next String Calendar Series Quilt block~
The information you send is for our files only!
Content & Graphics © 2001~ Victoriana Quilt Designs
All rights reserved. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.