As a Thank You! for visiting you are welcome to print these instructions.
It is available free to non-members, this month only.
For a tip about printing this page, click here.
To see the Past Blocks of the Month Picture Gallery, click here.
month we'll be making a different flower block, using silk ribbon &
embroidery stitching plus a little fusible appliqué.
Throughout the year, a new monthly stitch guide and template will be available for you to collect.
a single block as a mini quilt, which would make very lovely Birthday
All Past Instructions are available to members only!
Any instructions with [brackets], refers you to the Technique Page in the Library of this site for printable free how-tos.
the Button above or link below for the
You will need this month:
Background Fabric - Cut 9"
Cotton Batting -
Cut 9" x 12"
Plus These Tools & Notions:
Webbing - 12" section/page
*I'm using Aurfil Embroidery Floss for this project!
And they come on these lovely wooden spools!!
1. Cut the fabrics, batting, fusible interfacing the size required [Rotary Cutting~ #F].
2. Trace the design/stitch guide onto the cream background fabric, with a mechanical pencil.
Tip: Holding it up to a window works well, using masking tape to secure.
3. Trace over the 'saying' with a black fabric pen.
Tip: Placing the fabric on a sheet of sandpaper taped to cardboard, will help hold it in place, for a neater finish.
4. Fuse the interfacing to the back of the thin batting.
5. Each block will
include the template to make the frame.
6. Apply [Fusible Appliqué] the frame & large letter onto the background fabric, that you've prepared with the design, where marked.
7. Layer the backing,
batting and block top by thread basting [The
Quilt Sandwich ~ #5 & #6].
8. Stitch the flowers in silk ribbon, using the guide (Diagram #2) and the instructions on the Silk Ribbon Embroidery (SRE) How-to's page.
9. Embroider yellow French Knots [Decorative Stitches ~ #8], in the center of four of the Asters (Aurifil #1135) .
10. Embroider the remaining design parts with green embroidery floss (Aurifil #2884), using a Stem Stitch (included with design templates), as follows:
~Thin Inner Frame
- 3 strands of floss
11. Using pencil crayons, colour in the large "S" with a matching green, and the smaller Aster letters with a matching light purple. See the large block picture for example.
block will be connected to others to make a wallhanging in December
~Come Back in October for the Next Block~
~The winners can be from any country~
The information you send is for our files only!
I have 4mm Silk Ribbon packages with 16 different colours, available to purchase if you're interested.
Please Note: These are not the only silk ribbon colours I will use for the Celebrating Flowers Series.
Content & Graphics © 2001~2014 Victoriana Quilt Designs
All rights reserved. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.