Any instructions with [brackets], refers you to the Technique Page in the Library of this site for the complete free how-tos.
The two fabrics I used for Row #4 are from
1. Cut fabrics B + C [Rotary Cutting~ #D]
Note: If you'd prefer to paper piece this unit, a template has also been included [Paper Piecing].
2. Cut the strips into the patches using the Rotary Cutting Templates as guides.
Tip: Hold the template guides to your fabric with a loop of masking tape.
Fabric B: 15 large triangle (Template 1) patches
Fabric C: 30 smaller triangle patches (15 - Template 2a and 15 -
3. Lay out the patches into 15 three triangles in a square units, as illustrated.
Sew [Machine Piecing] the patches together, one side than the other.
Tip: Align the straight edges across the triangle points, leaving a ¼" 'dog-ear' triangle. Sew one test unit first to see how the blocks should align and then chain piece the rest.
Row #4 Block
Press the seams open [Pressing].
4. Block ~ 4" finished size [Blocking].
5. Sew the 15 blocks into a row along the sewing lines, as illustrated. Match the bottom points.
Jacquard Row #4
6. Sew Row #4 to the top edge of the Row #3 finished section.
The Jacquard Quilt so far!
Content & Graphics © 2001~ Victoriana Quilt Designs
All rights reserved. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.