Free Block of the Month Quilt Patterns
As a Thank You! for visiting you are welcome to print these instructions.
is available free to non-members, this month only.
For a tip about printing this page, click here.
To see the Past Blocks of the Month Picture Gallery, click here.
All Past Block of the Month Instructions are available to members only!
Any instructions with [brackets], refers you to the Technique Page in the Library of this site for printable free how-tos.
WOF = Width of Fabric
Finished Size: 4½" x 4½"
1. Cut the background fabrics B [Rotary Cutting~ #F].
2. Make a circle template [Cardboard Template]. Trace the circle shape, with a chalk pencil, onto your circle fabrics A. With pinking shears (or scissors and clip your curves) cut the circles ¼" beyond the chalk line.
Turn the edges of the circles and press.
Tip: Baste the seams down before you press and sew.
Centre the circle onto a background by folding in half, and finger pressing the center line. Do this in both directions on all of the background and circle patches. Pin in place.
3. Top stitch [Machine Piecing] the circles to the backgrounds as close to the edge as possible. Use matching or contrasting thread.
4. Cut each circle block into four units, as illustrated:
5. Layout the blocks as illustrated.
Sew [Machine Piecing] the units together, as instructed, using a scant ¼" seam allowance:
~Sew the units together in pairs, matching the edges of the circles.
~Sew the pairs together, matching the seams and the edges of the circles.
6. Block [Blocking].
You end up with two versions of this block...3 of each version.
Note: The final quilt is made with 5 of the blocks, and the other can be used in the bonus project.
~Coming Next - 4-Patch Heart Block~
The information you send is for our files only!
Content & Graphics © 2001~ Victoriana Quilt Designs
All rights reserved. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.