Free Block of the Month Quilt Patterns
As a Thank You! for visiting you are welcome to print these instructions.
is available free to non-members, this month only.
For a tip about printing this page, click here.
To see the Past Blocks of the Month Picture Gallery, click here.
All Past Block of the Month Instructions are available to members only!
Any instructions with [brackets], refers you to the Technique Page in the Library of this site for printable free how-tos.
WOF = Width of Fabric
Finished Size: 4½" x 4½"
1. Cut the background fabrics B [Rotary Cutting~ #F].
2. Make a heart template [Cardboard Template]. Trace the heart shape, with a chalk pencil, onto your heart fabrics A. With pinking shears (or scissors and clip your curves) cut the heart ¼" beyond the chalk line.
.Turn the edges of the hearts and press.
Tip: Baste the seams down before you press and sew.
Centre the heart onto a background by folding in half, and finger pressing the center line. Do this in both directions on all of the background and heart patches. Pin in place.
3. Top stitch [Machine Piecing] the hearts to the backgrounds as close to the edge as possible. Use matching or contrasting thread.
4. Cut each heart block into four units, as illustrated:
5. Layout the blocks as illustrated.
Sew [Machine Piecing] the units together, as instructed, using a scant ¼" seam allowance:
~Sew the units together in pairs, matching the edges of the hearts.
~Sew the pairs together, matching the seams and the edges of the hearts.
6. Block [Blocking].
You end up with two versions of this block...One of each version.
Note: The final quilt is made with 1 of the blocks, and the other can be used in the bonus project.
~Coming Next - 4-Patch Club Block~
The information you send is for our files only!
Content & Graphics © 2001~ Victoriana Quilt Designs
All rights reserved. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.